As a business having a virtual store, especially on Instagram, there are certain things that you should always take note of and remain conscious of. As a business page there are many unpardonable sins you should not be found guilty of and they include;
1) Disrespecting your customers in the DM. Agreed, some customers can be pretty annoying and demanding but it is not enough to disrespect them for whatever reason. They are in your DM and not in your competitor’s and that’s enough reason to be very polite and shove aside personal issues and emotions
2) Trying to become familiar, especially with a prospect. Drop the ‘dear’, ‘sweetie’ talks already, no one wants to feel cajoled.
3) Insulting or Becoming Rude Via Your Business Page. No matter how clients become extremely annoying and you feel the need to put them in their place, you should NEVER insult them using a business page either through comment, WhatsApp chat or DMs because people will screen munch and others will read it and prospects will begin to avoid your business.
4) Exposing your family’s secrets via your Business Page. No, the world shouldn’t know, actually it’s none of their business. Except you are a personal brand/business and you are teaching us lessons with it then NO. Don’t let the devil tempt you. You can share on personal page but BUSINESS PAGE is Business. .
5) Looking untidy during an Instagram Live. THOU SHALL NOT WEAR HAIR NETS, PYJAMAS, NO BRAS, UN-TIDY HAIR OR LOOK GENERALLY SCRUFFY ON INSTAGRAM LIVE. We can see you dude, dress up. Some of us tune off cos you didn’t even put the effort and no don’t joke about ‘ I didn’t dress up, I am in my house come and beat me’, that is SILLY.
6) Spamming. Stop going to people’s pages, especially celebrities and influencers, to drop advert comments there. Do you think it is helping your business? Engage in strategic commenting instead.